You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
“Oh, you’re a physical therapist?”
“Can you give me a massage?”
You’re a doctor, not a spa employee.
Plus, you were smart enough to pick a field that’s growing 22% every 10 years.
That’s much faster than average.
To get high-salary PT jobs, you need a high-level physical therapist CV.
You’ll get there fast with a little professional help.
In this guide:
- A physical therapy CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for physical therapy jobs that gets things moving.
- How to make the perfect physical therapy job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list physical therapy skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about Resumelab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Want to check out other medical careers? See our guides:
- Personal Trainer CV Sample & Guide
- Medical Assistant CV Sample & Guide
- Medical CV Sample Guide
- Medical School CV & Guide
- Nurse CV Sample & Guide
- Phlebotomist CV Sample & Guide
- Nursing Student CV Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Over 200 Jobs.
Physical Therapy CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Effective, licenced physical therapist with 6+ years of experience. Seeking to improve quality of life at Walker Recovery. At Parker Lane Paediatrics, maintained 50 regular clients with 95% positive scores and 53 5-star reviews on HealthGrades. Used patient education and dry needling to attain 35%+ mobility increase for 90%+ of patients.
Licenced Physical Therapist: California State Licence #PT00000
Parker Lane Paediatrics
- Paediatric DPT in urban clinic. Maintained client list of 50 regulars. Received 95% positive scores in parent evaluations.
- Developed plan of care for 250+ patients.
- Achieved 80% patient-goal success rate through patient education.
- Increased mobility by 35% for 90%+ of injury patients.
- Attained 53 5-star ratings on HealthGrades with interpersonal skills.
- Lowered pain scores an average of 30% through dry needling.
Physical Therapy Experience
- Volunteer PT, Alajuela Nursing Home. Recognised for compassion.
- Personal Trainer, Mobile Fitness & Recovery. Served 150+ clients.
- Volunteer PT, Seton Clinic. Assessed 15 patients.
- Rehabbed father to 95% mobility after total paralysis from stroke.
DPT, Chapman University
- Excelled in movement science.
- Performed doctoral project in dry needling.
BS Health Science, UC Riverside
- Pursued a passion for paediatrics.
- Paediatrics Specialist Certification, ABPTS
- First Aid & CPR, American Red Cross
- Member, APTA, mentor 20+ physical therapists annually.
- Teach yoga 2x monthly for fun & fitness.
Hard Skills: Patient assessment, therapy interventions, creating plan of care, dry needling, patient education
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, active listening, communication
Here’s how to write your version of that sample physical therapy CV:
1. Choose the Best Physical Therapy CV Format
They won’t hire a sloppy-looking physical therapist.
Or read sloppy physical therapy CVs.
Get the format of your CV in line.
And warm up with the reverse-chronological format.
Physical Therapy CV Format
- Set one-inch margins on a one-page CV.
- Leave white space so your words can breathe.
- Include a CV font like 10–12pt Cambria or Avenir Next.
- Write common CV sections like Heading, Summary, Work Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Save a PDF CV. They move well from machine to machine.
Expert Hint: Physical therapy jobs will grow 22% in the next 10 years. But we both know there are lots of bad PT jobs. That’s why your physical therapist CV has to shine.
2. Make a Physical Therapy CV Objective or Summary
Sad but true.
Dozens of physical therapist CVs stand between you and your dream job.
To clear that hurdle, get noticed fast.
That’s a fast rundown of why you matter to them.
- An adjective or two (licenced, effective)
- “physical therapist”
- Years of experience (2+, 7+)
- How & who you’ll help (improve quality of life at Walker Recovery)
- Best physical therapy moments (maintained 50 regular clients...)
- Some key job skills (patient education, dry-needling...)
Write it last to make it easy on yourself.
These physical therapy CV examples show how:
Physical Therapy CV Summary—Example
Look at that.
Both of those reference dry needling and paediatrics. But—
One adds “50 clients, 95% positive scores,” and other energising factors.
But even an entry-level physical therapist CV needs proof.
Let’s say all you’ve done is volunteer and work as a personal trainer.
Check out how this physical therapist assistant CV sample does it:
Entry-Level Physical Therapy CV Objective
The second of those entry-level physical therapy assistant CV examples lists compassion and assessment.
But the first one proves them.
Expert Hint: Most physical therapists work in private clinics. To get hired, your PT or PTA CV must show your contribution to the clinic and its patients.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Write a Meaty Physical Therapy Job Description and Skills Section
A physical therapist CV can’t be generic.
You need to fit the job like a wraparound brace.
To write a physical therapy job description for CVs:
- Find the CV skills (known as CV keywords) in the online ad.
- List times you used them to make things happen.
Write yours like the first of these physical therapy CV samples:
Pretend the job ad wants a paediatric DPT with these physical therapy skills: developing plan of care, patient education, dry needling.
Physical Therapy Job Description for CV [Sample]
Ouch, that hurts.
The second of those physical therapist CV examples is like a shoulder impingement. It doesn’t target the job.
Plus—how did that applicant help? There are no numbers.
Now for an entry-level CV:
Say the job ad wants these physical therapy skills: compassion, assessment, stroke rehab.
Entry-Level Physical Therapy CV Job Description [Sample]
The second sample isn’t awful—if they want skills in customer service, listening, and efficiency.
They don’t. (See the job skills in yellow above.)
What physical therapist skills work best? Here’s a list:
Physical Therapy Skills for CVs
Plan of Care
Expert Hint: In a physical therapy CV for new grads, focus on soft skills. Then, give evidence of the hard skills you learned while earning your doctorate.
4. Make the Most of Your Education
Your doctorate is no joke.
But your education section can’t be like all the rest.
If it is—
You’ll get rejected like them, too.
So put a few key details in your schooling to catch the eye.
This physical therapist CV sample shows the routine:
Physical Therapy CV Example—Education
If they listed movement science, dry needling, and paediatrics in their ad, you’re in.
In a physical therapy student CV, your education can fill most of the page.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Physical Therapy CV
What if the other physical therapist CVs show similar experience and education?
Whatever makes you different in a good way can get you hired.
So add a couple “other” sections like:
- Associations (APTA)
- Conferences you spoke at
- Certifications (e.g First Aid)
- Volunteer work
- Freelance work
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
These physical therapy CV examples work it out:
Front-End Web Developer CV—Extra Sections
Put your licence in its own section, near the top.
You don’t want the hiring manager to miss it!
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Your CV for physical therapy jobs will get more special care. Why? Most managers read those letters. Some insist on them.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a physical therapy CV:
- Use the physical therapist CV template up top. It lets you match your hard-won skills to the job.
- Get CV keywords (skills and duties) from the physical therapy job description.
- Pump up your CV sections with your skills. Show proof you’ve used them to help patients.
- Add “other” sections that show you’re not just another PT who needs work.
- Need more info about writing CVs? Check out the full guide on how to write a CV.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for physical therapy jobs? Not sure how to show physical therapy on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!