A bartender CV example that lands interviews. Make your server bartender CV quickly. Learn from expert tips. See good vs. bad examples.
Below, you’ll see an AAOx3 lifeguard CV sample.
Why is it a lifesaver?
Because employers know anyone can sit near a pool.
To get hired, your CV needs to get attention like an air horn.
Ready? Let’s swim it to the wall.
In this guide:
- A lifeguard CV sample better than most.
- How to write a lifeguard CV that gets interviews.
- How to commit your lifeguard job description to the job.
- Why you can’t just list lifeguard skills (and what to do instead).
Will you have every achievement in this CV for lifeguard jobs?
But as you read it, you’ll think of dozens more you do have. They will get you hired.
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking for a different kind of CV? See:
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV samples.
Lifeguard CV Example You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 07068 647 416
Physically fit, observant lifeguard with 1 year of experience in basic life support and water rescue. Eager to deliver safety excellence at Lee Lanes Pool. At London Municipal Pool, spotted and prevented 2 dry-drownings and treated 7 cases of hypothermia.
2019 – Lifeguard Certification, Eric Liddell Sports Centre
London Municipal Pool
- Served as lifeguard in busy pool. Provided monitoring, rule enforcement, rescue, and customer service to users and birthday parties.
- Ensured pool rules were followed by adults and minors with no complaints. Commended by supervisor for interpersonal skills.
- Spotted 7 hypothermic children, removed them from the pool, and provided basic life support, averting serious incidents.
- Spotted 2 dry drownings in process and delivered life support.
- Escalated 5 serious issues to EMS.
- Raised pool rules compliance to 99% through suggestion and implementation of new, easier to read signage, strategically placed.
Thames Park Community Pool
- Provided lifeguarding services to groups of 12+ students.
- Ensured swimming area rules were followed.
Twyford Church of England High School
- Captain of swim team, 2017 & 2018.
- Led team in stretches and organised meet lineups.
- Taught swimming to children, providing lifeguarding.
Competition Swimmer, 2019
- Participate in 3x 50-mile swims per year.
- 4th runner-up in the Manchester Water Marathon 2019.
Leader, Regent High School Swimming Club
- Organise group of 15+ swimmers in weekly workouts.
- Manage 5 competition swimming events per year.
- Created and run annual Springfield Water Fling with 800+ participants.
Lifesaving & Swimming Merit Badges, BSA
Hard Skills: basic life support, water rescue, enforcing swimming rules, lifeguard certification, strong swimmer
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, attention to detail, physical stamina, communication
Here’s how to write a lifeguard CV that works like a cigarette boat:
1. Use the Right Lifeguard CV Format
Cue Jaws music.
A lifeguard CV with shady CV formatting will go under fast.
Use these formatting tips to stay afloat:
Lifeguard CV Format
- Start with a CV font like 11–14pt Goudy Old Style or Didot.
- Create a one–page CV for lifeguard jobs.
- List previous roles in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Leave white space to add breathing room.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: PDF CVs are your best bet. They look trim and clear on all display types. Plus, ATS hiring software reads them just fine.
2. Write a Lifeguard CV Objective or Summary
Sink or swim time:
Most hiring teams go through stacks of CVs like water.
They spend extra time with CVs for lifeguards that catch their eye.
- An adjective (physically fit, observant, certified)
- Years of experience (1+, 3+)
- What you’ll do for whom (deliver safety excellence at Lee Lanes Pool...)
- Best CV accomplishments(treated 7 cases of hypothermia...)
See these lifeguard CV examples:
Lifeguard CV Summary—Example
Both lifeguard CV samples promise skills.
But the first does more. It shows 1 year of experience, 2 dry-drownings stopped, and 7 cases of hypothermia treated.
“Hey, hang on! Who’s that, David Hasselhoff? I’m a newbie lifeguard!”
See these entry-level CV samples for lifeguard jobs:
Entry-Level Lifeguard CV Objective
Night and day.
Entry-level lifeguard CV examples won’t float without at least a few achievements.
3. Target Your Lifeguard Job Description and Skills
What skills do you need in a CV for lifeguard jobs?
See this CV skills list:
Lifeguard CV Skills
Enforcing Pool Rules
Basic Life Support
Attention to Detail
Rescue Cans and Boards
Don’t oversaturate your CV for lifeguard jobs with skills.
These lifeguard CV samples show how:
For a job that wants skills in enforcing rules, swimmer identification, and communicating with EMS:
Lifeguard Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The first of those lifeguarding CV examples answers the listed needs.
The last one doesn’t. It could also use some numbers like 7, 2, 5, and 99%.
Is your lifeguard experience barely treading water?
In a CV for entry-level applicants, just strut the best stuff you have.
See these entry-level lifeguard CV examples. The job needs skills in basic life support, enforcing rules, and teamwork.
Beginner Lifeguard CV Job Description [Sample]
The first of those school lifeguard CV samples is afloat.
But even the second scores a point with teamwork skills.
Expert Hint: Research by the CDC shows 1% of rescues made by lifeguards save lives. Showing past rescues on a CV for lifeguard jobs is a great way to prove your value.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Write a Buoyant Education Section
You don’t need education in a CV for lifeguard jobs. But—
If you’ve got it, show it the right way.
Show school accomplishments that matter for lifeguards (if you have some).
See this lifeguard CV sample:
Lifeguard CV Template—Education
That adds key swimming skills to your CV.
If you’re in university, list that too, with “expected completion date.”
5. Add “Bonus” Sections to Your Lifeguard CV
What’s the burning question on the hiring manager’s mind?
“Can she do the job or not?”
Your work experience goes a long way toward an answer.
But your lifeguard duties CV needs as many “wins” as possible.
Add material like:
- Certifications (Red Cross, RLSS, etc.)
- Associations (RLSS, etc.)
- Volunteer work
- Freelance work
- Awards or honours
- Additional activities
- Languages you speak
See these lifeguard CV examples:
Lifeguard CV UK—Other Sections
First, meet last.
The first of those lifeguard CV samples is Mark-Spitz-level. It proves you care about your work.
But put your certification right up top in your CV for lifeguard jobs.
Expert Hint: Add a cover letter to your CV for lifeguard jobs. Show enthusiasm for the job, and your top two or three lifeguarding achievements.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a lifeguard CV:
- Use a lifeguard CV template. Breathe life into it with your best lifeguard accomplishments.
- Add lifeguard skills like basic life support and water rescue. Add numbers where possible for scale.
- Write a lifeguard CV objective that gives a view into your CV’s greatest hits.
- Add other sections for your lifeguard certifications or fitness pursuits.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for lifeguard jobs? Not sure how to describe lifeguard on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!