You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
There’s an educator shortage.
You can write your CV in crayon and get hired. Right?
To get high paying jobs in good schools, show you are the only choice with a strong education CV.
In this guide:
- An education CV sample better than most.
- How to write an A+ CV for education jobs.
- How to make an education job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list education skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Are you writing a specific kind of CV for education jobs? See our dedicated guides:
- Academic CV Examples
- Art Teacher CV Examples
- Librarian CV Examples
- Preschool Teacher CV Examples
- Primary / Elementary Teacher CV Examples
- Research Assistant CV Examples
- Special Education Teacher CV Examples
- Substitute Teacher CV Examples
- Teacher (General) CV Examples
- Teaching Assistant CV Examples
- ESL Teacher CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples for any job.
Making a career change into education? See our guide: Career Change CV Sample & Guide
Now check out this sample CV for education jobs:
Education CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
High School Math Teacher
Licenced California high school math teacher with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to improve standardised test scores at Santa Rosa High School. At Cambrian High School, raised scores on math standardised tests by 25% through student training in goal-setting and time management. Taught 130+ students per year and trained 3 teachers.
- 2013 - CA Teacher Certification
- First Aid & CPR - American Red Cross
High School Math Teacher
Cambrian High School
- Raised math standardised test scores 25% by implementing goal-setting, time-management training, and more in-class exercises.
- Taught and guided progress of 130+ students per year. Performed assessments and offer extra help to lagging students.
- Created 500+ daily lesson plans for 2 different mathematics tracks, including University Prep and AP math.
- Met with 400+ parents and school administrators to discuss goals, progress, and strategies for improvement.
- Trained 3 math teachers in classroom management.
Hueneme Elementary School
- Wrote 35 daily lesson plans in collaboration with teachers.
- Graded 400+ student tests and papers.
- Scored 99% on school safety policies exam.
- Managed 2 classrooms of at-risk students.
BS Education, Santa Clara University
- Conducted senior project in classroom management.
- Excelled in lesson plan creation coursework.
- Member, NEA.
- Teach yoga 1x per week as self-care.
Drive kitten rescue van 1x per month.
Hard Skills: classroom management, state standards, curriculum development, safety
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, compassion, communication, critical thinking
That educator CV sample fills in all the blanks.
Now here’s how to write an education CV that passes all the tests:
1. Use a Professional Education CV Format
You know this.
If you turn in sloppy work, they won’t take you seriously.
That’s why formatting your CV is crucial.
Education CVs have to look the part.
Use these tips:
Education CV Format
- Stick to a one-page CV length.
- Don’t crowd it. Use 1-inch margins and a little white space.
- Choose a trusted CV font like 10–12pt Didot or Calibri.
- Write these CV sections: Heading, Objective, Work History, Education, and Skills.
- List past jobs in reverse-chronological sequence.
- Save it as a PDF. PDF CVs look great on every screen.
Expert Hint: There’s a massive teacher shortage in the US. But—if you fail to list enough credentials on your educational CV, you’ll risk a lower starting salary.
2. Write an Education CV Objective or Summary
Here’s the bad news:
The hiring official won’t read your education CV.
She’ll glance at it.
Make it count.
It’s a quick rundown of why you fit the job.
- An adjective (licenced, energetic)
- Job title (teacher, director)
- Years of experience (1+, 3+)
- Who/how you’ll help (raise standardised test scores at Cambrian High School)
- Best education moments (raised standardised test scores 25%...)
- A couple skills (...by coaching students in time management.)
Hint: write it last to sink your stress.
These education CV examples show the lesson plan:
Let’s say the online job ad stresses standardised test scores.
Education CV Summary—Example
See how that works?
Show your best use of the skills they want.
But even an education CV with no experience needs proof.
Let’s say a job wants classroom management skills:
Entry-Level Education CV Objective
The second of these entry-level education CV examples isn’t terrible! Particularly the part about collaboration.
But the first is tailored to the job.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Educate Your Job Description and Skills Section
If you only learn one thing today, learn this:
An educational CV job description has to fit the job.
To write a great education job description:
- List the right CV skills. Find them in the online job ad. Or learn them from the school’s teachers and administrators.
- Use those skills as your CV keywords.
- Brainstorm several times you used those skills for maximum effect.
- Add metrics like percentages or numbers of students to show they aren’t pee-wee sized.
The first of these education CV samples aces it:
Say these education skills are in the job ad: standardised test scores, assessments, lesson plans, parent meetings, training.
Education Job Description for CV [Sample]
The first of those educators CV examples showcases the skills from the job ad.
The numbers add proof and size.
Now what about an example of an entry-level CV?
Pretend the job wants these education skills: lesson plans, grading, safety, classroom management.
Entry-Level Education CV Job Description [Sample]
Saying you “graded papers” is one thing.
But grading 400+ papers shows you’ve got the skill they want.
Use these education CV skills to start:
Education CV Skills
Love of Learning
For directors and administrators:
Expert Hint: Based on a survey of 12,406 teachers, counselling skills boost teacher salary by 15%. If you’ve got them, put them on your educational CV.
4. Wow Them with Your Education Section
You worked hard for your education degree.
There’s a trick to showing it.
Especially in an entry-level education CV, your education section should show skills.
This educator’s CV example passes with flying colours:
Education CV Example—Education
Expert Hint: Will you get health insurance? That depends. Teacher benefits are locally negotiated. So—study up on the job benefits before sending in your educational CV.
5. Make Your Education CV Do More
Experience counts in an education CV.
You have to show the hiring team you’re good to work with.
By adding a few “other” sections.
- Association memberships (NEA)
- Certifications (First Aid, ALICE)
- Volunteer work
- Additional activities
These education CV examples show how:
Education CV—Extra Sections
Make sure you add your teacher certification in a special section, way up high.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. About 40% of hiring managers ignore CVs for educators without them.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
To write an education CV that works:
- Use the education CV template up top. It puts your best school moments front and centre.
- Get your CV keywords from the job posting. That’s the only way to show you are the perfect fit.
- Add numbers to make your words pop. Numbers convince!
- Include a couple “other” sections to offer more of what they’re looking for.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for education jobs? Not sure how to show education on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!