You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
In a minute, you’ll see a gleaming dentist CV sample. But first—
They say dentist jobs are tough.
All jobs are tough. Most are tougher than dentistry.
But writing a CV for dentist jobs shouldn’t be as hard as drilling jawbones.
You just need to show your track record fits the clinic like an endosteal implant.
In this guide:
- A dentist CV sample better than most.
- How to write a dentist CV that shines.
- How to insert your dentist job description for CVs into the position.
- Why you can’t just list dentist skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Are you more of a dental or medical assistant? See our guides:
- Dental Assistant CV Examples
- Medical Assistant CV Examples
- Medical School CV Examples
- General Medical CV Examples
- Doctor CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples.
Dentist CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Licenced general dentist with 5+ years of experience driving revenue growth and serving patients. Seeking to enhance all aspects of the business at Michaud Dentistry. Cut staff turnover 50% and grew revenue 30% at Swanson & Rasle Dentistry.
Swanson & Rasle Dentistry, Sioux Falls, SD
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Managed operations in busy dental clinic, including instruction and delegation of dental hygienists, dental assistants, and office manager.
- Recognised for building robust relationships with clients including patients and parents. Raised patient retention by 40%.
- Expert dentistry knowledge, including periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, endodontics, and prosthodontics.
Improved office culture through working with team to define clinic goals. Result: 30% jump in clinic revenue and 50% less staff turnover.
Vermillion Dentistry, Vermillion, SD
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Assisted with four-handed dentistry.
- Performed patient education before and after procedures.
- Trained 2 new dental assistants in X-Ray operation.
- Assisted with 30+ root canals and crowns.
Received 99% score from dentist for efficiency in 4-handed dentistry.
Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
Sanford School of Medicine, Yankton, SD
- Pursued a passion for preventative dentistry coursework.
- Excelled in four-handed dentistry classes.
BS Health Science
University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota
General Dentist, State of South Dakota, Licence #000000
2018 - General Dentistry - American Board of General Dentistry
2017 - Business Essentials - AMA
Hard Skills: Dental assessments, four-handed dentistry, preventative dentistry, bridges, crowns, & veneers, laser whitening
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, problem solving, communication
Here’s how to write a dentist CV that gets calls:
1. Choose the Best Dentist CV Format
Your CV format is the enamel on your job search.
Without it, everything falls apart.
Use the reverse-chronological CV format to tell your story.
Complete it with these tips:
Dentist CV Format
- Create 1-inch margins.
- Use one CV font like 10–12pt Arial or Garamond.
- Make these CV sections: Heading, Summary, History, Education, and Skills.
- Leave room between sections to avoid crowding.
- Your CV length should be 1–2 pages, depending on experience.
- Send them a PDF CV. Those look sharp on multiple devices.
Expert Hint: According to ADA data, dentists are among the most trusted professionals on Earth. If you’ve got a track record of gaining patient trust, show proof in your general dentist CV.
2. Insert a Dentist CV Summary or Objective
What’s worse than convincing patients X-Rays won’t kill them?
Applying to dental clinics and hearing silence.
- An adjective (business-minded, efficient)
- “Licenced dentist” (or “general dentist” if that’s the title in the job ad)
- Years of experience (3+, 9+)
- How/who you’ll help (enhance all aspects of the business at Michaud Dentistry)
- Best dentist moments (grew revenue 30%...), i.e. an achievement to show off on your CV.
Write your summary last to make it easier.
See these general dentist CV examples:
Dentist CV Summary—Example
The second of those dentist CV samples says you’ll grow revenue. The first adds proof.
“Wait—I can’t show numbers like that!”
No worries. A CV for dentists with no experience can still work wonders.
See this entry-level CV for dentists:
Entry-Level Dentist CV Objective
Those entry-level dentist CV examples are like a before-and-after photo.
The second claims root canals and training. The first shows you’ve cut your teeth.
Expert Hint: A study by BMC shows 62% of dentists have musculoskeletal problems like back pain, wrist, shoulder, or elbow pain. If you do yoga or other self-care to stay fit, show it in an “additional activities” section in your CV for dentist positions.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Make a Fitting Dentist Job Description and Skills Section
In dental surgery, “close enough” won’t cut it.
It’s the same with dentist skills on a CV.
Here’s a quick list:
Dentist Skills for CVs
Bridges, Crowns, Veneers
Attention to Detail
Your dream job might not care about most of those.
Take the surgical approach and find CV keywords in the dentist job ad.
Then customise your CV.
See these general dentist CV samples:
The job wants these dentist job requirements: management, relationship building, periodontics, maxillofacial surgery, and prosthodontics.
Dentist Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The first of those dentist CV examples is like a LightScalpel. It touches all the right spots.
New to the game?
In an entry-level CV, extract your best career moments.
See these associate dentist CV examples with no experience:
They target a job needing four-handed dentistry, patient education, training, and root canals.
Entry-Level Dentist CV Job Description [Sample]
Expert Tip: A study in JAMA revealed that dentists have a higher hepatitis risk than many other healthcare professionals. Show biohazard or infectious disease trainings in your dentist CV if you’ve got them.
4. Polish up Your Education Section
That DDS or DMD did not come easy.
So don’t hide it on your CV for dentist jobs.
Your CV’s education section is a great way to list skills.
This general dentist CV sample shows how:
Dentist CV Example—Education
Did you head up a student group or get a fellowship? Those can make dental clinic owners notice you.
5. Add More to Your Dentist CV
We’re almost there.
Your dentist CV just needs a finishing touch. With additional CV categories.
List your licence and certifications below your education.
Then if there’s room, graft on some interview bait.
You can add:
- Associations (ADA, AGD)
- Certifications (General dentistry, business management)
- Freelance work
- Volunteer work
- Publications (in journals like JADA or online blogs)
- Media Appearances
- Additional activities
See these dentist CV examples:
Dentist CV—Extra Sections
That first dentist CV sample has it all. Even the BSA volunteering shows relationship-building and community involvement.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for dentist jobs. Don’t talk about yourself. Talk about the business and what you’ll do for it. Then give proof you can.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a dentist CV:
- Start with our dentist CV template. Add gold moments from your dentistry career.
- List dentist skills like oral surgery or laser whitening. Show your bottom-line results.
- Write a dentistry CV summary up top. Like a smile, it gets employers to want more.
- Add “bonus” sections to show you know pulp from prophylaxis.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for dentist jobs? Not sure how to put dentist on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!