A good project coordinator pulls together a thousand tiny pieces to solve mammoth puzzles. Show your chaos-crushing skills with this expert project coordinator CV sample.
Abstract: As a university freshman, you may find yourself wanting or needing to work while continuing your education. While balancing work and school is almost never easy, being employed at this stage of your life may bring not only finances, but valuable experience that can help you land a dream job later on in life. Writing a freshman university CV can prove challenging, unless you simply know how it’s done.
Whether you’re at university because of a life-long dream, a career aspiration, or because you didn’t know what else to do with your life, one thing is for sure—
You’re gonna need some dollar..
Tequila, movie tickets, and books can run quite expensive.
Let’s write a university freshman CV that will have you rolling around with trust-fund-level spending money.
In this guide:
- A university freshman CV sample that comes top of the class.
- A guide to the CV format.
- How to list your unfinished degree.
Brush your teeth and pretend you’re not hungover. We’ve got work to do.
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Considering specific positions? See our dedicated CV guides:
- High School CV for University Application
- University Student CV
- CV for Teens
- Graduate School CV/CV
- Recent University Graduate CV
- High School Graduate CV
- Student CV
- Academic CV
- Retail CV
- Sales Representative CV
- Sales Associate CV
- Call Centre CV
- Barista CV
- Customer Service CV
- Server CV Examples
- Waiter & Waitress CV
- Cashier CV
- Administrative Assistant CV
- Entry Level CV
- Teen CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? See all CV Examples for 200+ Professions.
University Freshman CV Template To Write Home About
Jake E. Jackson
2438 Todds Lane
San Antonio, TX 78225
Personable philosophy student maintaining a 3.9 GPA at University of Texas seeking to apply argumentation skills and eloquence to drive sales with high-value clients at Rolex San Antonio. Debating High School State Champion in 2019, beating 31 other contestants. Proven premium brand sales experience at a major department store, with 2 commendations for highest monthly sales. Implemented upselling strategies at Joe’s Farmer’s Market to generate £1,200 additional monthly revenue.
BS in Philosophy
University of Texas at San Antonio
Expected Graduation: 2023
- Debating Team Member for State and National competitions.
- Treasurer of Young Enterprise Club.
Macy’s San Antonio
- Selling and advising on luxury menswear from Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss ranges.
- Resolving all customer inquiries and complaints.
- 0 unresolved or escalated issues.
- Exceeding monthly sales targets by 14% on average.
- 2 commendations for highest monthly sales.
- Overall 97% positive rating from post-sales surveys.
Joe’s Farmer Market
- Implemented upselling cashier script to generate £1,200 monthly revenue.
- Responsible for £1,500 cash drawer daily.
- Fostered warm relationships with regular customers.
- 2019 Debating High School Texas State Champion
- 2019 Silverlakes High School Valedictorian
- Luxury Sales
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
Enough of the talking.
1. Use the Business CV Format
Alright, making yourself sound smart in Microsoft Word is most of what you do most days. You got that covered. First, however, you need to give yourself a chance at being read by using a legible and professional format for a CV.
Check these CV dos and don'ts.
Not because we say so, but because you’ll have some competition—according to a recent National Centre for Education Statistics study, 43% of full-time, and 81% of part-time undergraduate students work.
University Freshman CV Format
- Always use the reverse-chronological CV order.
- Choose legible fonts for your CV like Arial, Calibri or Tahoma.
- Set 1-inch margins on your CV, and leave white space between section
- Wondering if you should write a one page or two-page CV? Generally, a one-pager is best.
- Order sections of your CV like this: CV header, Objective, Education, Experience and “Additional.”
- Save your CV in PDF formatto protect formatting, unless instructed otherwise.
One thing people get confused about is whether or not to include their address on a CV. The answer isn’t strictly black or white. If, for example, you believe the employer would rather hire someone who lives within a certain radius of the office, then the answer of course is yes.
Now get the pen and paper out.
Expert Tip: If you’re thinking of stretching the truth about your achievements or skills, don’t. Check out our study regarding lying on a CV.
2. Ace the University Freshman CV Objective
If you had to convince someone to hire you in 7 seconds, what would you say? No, seriously. This isn’t a New Age corporate mindfulness technique. The average recruiter spends only 7.4 seconds scanning your CV. Therefore, having a strong profile on your CV is key.
As you will be writing a CV with very little experience, or even a CV with no experience whatsoever, it is best to pick the CV objective, and combine describing your study and achievements with setting out your ambitions.
Answer the following questions with one sentence each to compose it:
- Who are you? (One power adjective, what you study, years of experience/GPA, previous employer, if any)
- Can you do the job we are asking you to do? (Describe using numbers, achievements, and awards that prove how well you can perform the functions of the job we described in the ad)
- What makes you special? (One super-achievement)
- What can you do for us? (1-2 sentences)
Expert Hint: It is best to write a CV summary or objective once you have completed the other sections of your CV for university freshman, especially your job description.
3. Sell Your University Freshman Job Description and Skills
So, what is it that you do, exactly? Apart from dominating the whole dorm at Madden? Describe your work experience on a CV by focusing on those aspects that fit the profile of your new position.
Applying for any customer-facing job, and you already have customer service experience? Even if you were selling flowers, and now you’re going to be selling concrete, sales and people skills are invaluable. Scan the job ad for CV keywords and phrases, and pick out what is most important to your new employer. Using the employer’s keywords can also prevent your otherwise great CV from being rejected by CV ATS software hiring teams often utilise.
Your employers would like to know what you can do for them. List up to 6 bullet points containing various metrics and achievements in the aspects that correspond to the requirements of the employer. Whenever possible, start your bullets with power words. You can put volunteering work or internships in this CV section, too.
Check out this job description from one of our university freshman CV samples:
University Freshman Job Description
The good example makes use of relevant, close-enough experience to show that this candidate can slot right into the new environment.
Write your list of skills next, keeping in mind the keywords you found in the job ad. Here are some examples:
University Freshman Skills for CV
- Attention to Detail
- Creative Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Decision-Making Abilities
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Verbal & Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
- Working Under Pressure
- Computer Skills
Expert Hint: A solid LinkedIn profile can go a very long way in helping you land the job you want. Check out our LinkedIn profile tips.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Ace Your Education Section
Education’s the whole reason you’re here. Not the dorm parties, the first real opportunity of uninterrupted human contact, and the mountains of disappointment you do not yet know are coming.
When listing a degree in progress:
- Start with your major.
- Add the school name and location, as well as the expected graduation date.
- If applicable, beef up your education section with relevant courses or achievements sections.
Here’s how to put education on your CV:
University Freshman CV Sample—Education
5. Sign Off With Some Added Sections
That’s a lot of white space left, right? Alright, maybe not a lot, but you have some for sure. Fill it up with additional information, but don’t throw it all together in one section like you do your clothes on the bed. Split it up into separate extra CV sections such as:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Volunteering (if you didn’t add it in the work history section)
- Professional References
- Other Skills not included in your other sections
See the difference between these two university freshman CV bonus section examples:
University Freshman CV Example—Extra Sections
Don’t spend everything all at once!
One last thing—
Be sure to write a cover letter. Even if the job posting doesn’t mention one, you can be sure that many employers won’t even read your CV without one. The current ratio is about 50/50!
Expert Tip: Follow our tips on how not to blow your chances of getting a job by writing a bad email message if you’re emailing your CV.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
When composing your first university freshman CV:
- Apply the CV format guidelines—margins, fonts, 1 page, reverse chronological.
- Use our cheatsheet university freshman CV sample and add your own information.
- Ace your university freshman job description with achievements and numbers.
- Split up certifications, skills and other bonus sections properly.
- Write a university freshman cover letter.
Got more questions on how to write a great freshman university CV with no experience? Did we help you get your university freshman CV right? Leave a comment. We’ll gladly reply.