A student CV template that will land you a first job interview. See an example student CV. Follow expert advice on CV format for student CV.
It’s hard to get a pharmacy technician job.
Because you’re not the only pill in the bottle.
Your application has to stand out like the cure for the flu or they’ll miss it.
Use this template.
It highlights the right pharmacy accomplishments to get the interview.
This guide will show you:
- A pharmacy technician CV sample better than most.
- How to make a good pharmacy technician job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for pharmacy technician jobs that gets interviews.
- Why you can’t just list pharmacy technician skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Got other medical skills? See our other guides:
- Pharmacist CV Examples
- Medical Assistant CV Examples
- Nurse CV Examples
- LPN CV Examples
- Nursing Student CV Examples
- Lab Technician CV Examples
- Doctor CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Samples.
Pharmacy Technician CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Certified pharmacy technician with 3 years of experience, skilled in register operation and prescription filling. Seeking to provide efficient, accurate customer service at Rite Aid. At CVS, trained 3 pharmacy technicians and participated in employee idea drive that saved £25,000 a year. Helped cut stock waste 20%.
- Trained 3 pharmacy technicians.
- Helped slash payment processing errors by 25% by assisting with new standardised payments system.
- Helped implement new FIFO system that cut pharmaceutical stock waste 20%.
- Scheduled shifts and assisted with giving quarterly reviews.
- Participated in idea program that saved £25,000 per year.
- Maintained 95% positive customer feedback score.
- Created mistake-proof system for filling prescriptions that was adopted by the entire team, reducing errors by 35%.
- Led an inventory reduction project that cut costs £3,000 per quarter.
Volunteer Pharmacy Technician
- Volunteered as pharmacy technician at Rite Aid. Commended for efficiency, customer service, work ethic, and accuracy.
- Worked as volunteer pharmacy technician at Apicella's Pharmacy. Through attention to detail, saw a work process problem, cutting prescription errors 22%.
Certified Pharmacy Technician Training, Fortis University, 2016
- Scored a 450 on the ExCPT exam.
- Conducted 160 hour externship at Rite Aid.
- Excelled at register operation and prescription filling.
- CPhT, PTCB
- CPR and First Aid, American Red Cross
- Member, National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA).
- Attended 2019 NPTA conference.
- Take regular NPTA Continuing Education classes.
- Volunteer dog walker 2x per month at Walton County Animal Shelter.
- Avid road cyclist for self-care.
Hard Skills: payment processing, filling prescriptions, register operation, customer service, HIPAA compliance
Soft Skills: Teamwork, communication, accuracy
Now here’s how to write an effective certified pharmacy technician CV:
1. Start With the Best Pharmacy Technician CV Format
Pharmacy technicians are a key link in high-quality pharmacy patient care. They may fill prescriptions, operate cash registers, provide quality control, prepare labels, contact insurers, and maintain pharmacy equipment. A pharmacy technician CV must show skills and experience in all of those areas.
A badly-formatted CV for pharmacy technician jobs won’t go down well.
Follow these formatting rules:
Pharmacy Technician CV Format
- Begin with the reverse-chronological format.
- Use good CV fonts like Noto or Didot in 10–12pt.
- Set 1-inch margins. Add white space between your CV sections.
- Stick to a one-page CV for pharmacy technician jobs.
- Write these CV sections: Header, Objective, Experience, Education, Skills, and “Additional.”
Expert Hint: Save your pharmacy tech CV as a PDF file. ATS software can read PDF CVs. Plus, they stay perfectly formatted across different machines.
2. Write a Tight Pharmacy Technician CV Objective or Summary
Catch the pharmacist’s eye quick or you’ll lose the job to someone who does.
- The words “Certified Pharmacy Technician”
- Your years of experience (3+, 6+)
- How you’ll help (provide efficient, accurate customer service)
- The name of the company (CVS, etc.)
- Best accomplishment or two (helped cut stock waste 20%)
These certified pharmacy technician CV examples write the script:
Pharmacy Technician CV Summary—Example
The first of those pharmacy technician CV samples has everything a pharmacist wants.
The second is as generic as aspirin.
Pharmacy Technician CV Objective—Example
Writing an entry-level pharmacy technician CV?
Yes, you have! It’s in your externship, volunteer work, and non-pharmacy-technician jobs.
Expert Hint: Save your pharmacy technician CV summary or objective for last. It’s so much easier to write the top-line info when the bottom-line info’s in place.
3. Write an Attractive Pharmacy Technician Job Description and Skills Section
Here’s a shocker:
It’s not how much experience your pharmacy technician CV has.
It’s how you list it.
It’s got to show proof of pharmacy tech skills.
How to write a pharmacy technician job description for CVs:
- Scan the job posting to discover the pharmacy’s needs.
- Underline the skills and duties you find.
- Think of when you’ve handled those things.
- Put evidence in your pharmacy tech CV bullet points.
These pharmacy technician CV examples show how:
Pharmacy Technician Job Description for CV [Sample]
Is there any question?
The first of those pharmacy technician CV examples has what the doctor ordered.
The second isn’t deadly! But it’s run-of-the-mill. The pharmacist will skip it.
Writing an entry-level CV for pharmacy technician jobs? Look at this:
Entry-Level Pharmacy Technician CV Job Description [Sample]
Those certified pharmacy technician CV examples are night and day. But it’s the same person!
And another thing:
Pharmacy Technician Skills CV List
Checking Prescriptions for Accuracy
Maintaining Pharmacy Equipment
Preparing Prescription Labels
Selecting Correct Packaging Materials
Expert Hint: Don’t forget to add numbers to your pharmacy technician CV. Percents, dollars, hours, and other numbers turn bragging into facts.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Dull Education to a Reason to Hire You
A CV for pharmacy technician jobs doesn’t need a pharmacist’s degree.
Don’t just write a placeholder with uninteresting schooling.
This pharmacy technician CV education section example proves the point:
Pharmacy Technician Education—Example
Why does that work?
Because you used the education section of your CV to share key pharmacy technician skills.
Expert Hint: Put your pharmacy technician certification in a separate section after education. Then add at least one more “bonus” section (see below).
5. Revive Your Pharmacy Technician CV With Bonus Sections
Most don’t know this:
A pharmacy technician CV with just experience and education is ailing.
To show character—
Add “other” CV sections to your pharmacy CV:
- Certifications (CPhT—put this after education)
- Professional Associations (NPTA, AAPT)
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Continuing Education
These two pharmacy technician CV examples do it right & wrong:
Pharmacy Technician CV—Extra Sections
This is key.
Make your “other” sections detailed and use them to show pharmacy technician skills.
You can lump several items in “additional activities.” That’s what the first of those certified pharmacy technician CV samples does.
Expert Hint: Write a pharmacy technician cover letter. Almost 50% of pharmacists won’t read your professional pharmacy tech CV unless you have one.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a pharmacy technician CV that makes them notice you:
- Use the pharmacy technician CV template up top. It fills the pharmacist’s prescription for the job.
- Put pharmacy technician achievements in your CV objective, experience, education, and “other” sections.
- List key pharmacy technician skills. Not sure what they are? Scan the online job ad.
- Write a pharmacy technician cover letter. Use it to show how well you understand this pharmacy technician position.
Got questions on how to write a great CV for pharmacy technician jobs? Not sure how to show pharmacy technician on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!